I am both giddy and humbled by @ Mr. A‘s nomination for me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Despite the low number of blog entries, I am thankful for him for seeing the “sunshine” in words that I weave in this humble page of mine 🙂
And with this, I am sharing my answers to Mr. A’s questions. Here we go:
- Can you tell me at least 4 of your core values in life and explain why? (What is truly important to you in life?)
Gratitude – the acknowledgement of and being thankful for things that make and break you, of resources that are around and those that make you grow in order to obtain them. This also covers taking care of your internal and external resources.
Integrity – doing what is right and just inside and outside the light
Love – does not solely refer to romantic love but to the force that wakes you up every day and motivates you to enrich yourself, your family, and your surroundings
Joy – this gives the spring to every hop, the smile despite difficulties, and the ray of sunshine for every gloomy day
- What are your Non-negotiable, Unalterable Terms in life?
Same as the above.
- Tell us about your relationship with your dad (or anyone that stood as your father figure)? Share your fondest memories with him.
My dad and I are close despite him having worked overseas for 17 years. When he was still working overseas, we (mom, brother and I) would write letters (yep, snail mail) to him (no social media or messenger or Viber back then), and I would tell him anything I could think of, even the most pointless thing a child could do and he would reply back sharing his stories too. We lived our father-daughter relationship in letters I guess. And with that I never felt distant from him. When he comes home for a month’s vacation after a two year contract, it felt like we only talked to each other the other day. Fondest memory… We’re not well off, and I was not really the kid who asks for toys, so I did not grow up with all those fancy dolls and what-not. But when I was 12, he sent me a battery-operated talking doll, and huge doll house, the kind that 5-yr olds play with. He said, he always wanted to give me such but did not have the money. So when he did, he bought them for me even if I am almost a teenager 🙂
- When you die, how do you want the people to remember you?
It would perhaps be nice to be remembered as someone who was real, and someone who made them laugh, and someone who they trusted.
- Tell us about the last time you reconnected with a friend?
Just the other day, with my classmates from graduate school who I haven’t seen for quite a while. We are all busy with our own jobs and thesis we barely spoke for months.
- For the girls, which do you prefer on guys, rock-hard abdominals or well-developed buttocks? For the guys, which do you prefer, to have rock-hard abdominals or a well-developed buttock?
Well-developed buttocks, something to grab 😉
- Tell us about the last time you feel so proud of yourself.
In June 2018, I and two of my friends were invited to facilitate a 2-day seminar workshop on resiliency for some of the members of the First Scout Ranger Regimen of the Philippine Army. It was a huge for me but at the same time it was a humbling experience esp. towards the end of the workshop when the soldiers thanked us and told us that they wished we could be back to teach them more about mental health.
- Give us 3 shoes that you consider to be essential to any man’s wardrobe?
I’m not that knowledgeable when it comes to men’s shoes, but from what I see with my boyfriend, something formal, something casual (and comfy for long walks), and something sporty. But not Air Jordans kind of thing, more like Stan Smiths perhaps or Chucks
- Again, give us 3 books that you think every man should read?
Life of Pi or Beatrice & Virgil, The Kite Runner, and something from the Philippine Literature perhaps
- I will indulge myself this time, what do you like about this blog and is there anything you like to see in the future?
I have told you once offline, that this blog is raw and organic and far from being commercialized. It’s both informative and fun. And what would I want to see in the future? I think I’ll let you continue to surprise and amaze us 😉
- In case you didn’t know, the month of May is masturbation month. If you could be so kind and tell us about your thoughts on masturbation (it doesn’t have to be freaky, just your honest opinion about it)?
Masturbation, although usually a taboo, is way to know oneself both physically and psychologically; it is a free avenue for self exploration and understanding yourself without the need to explain to others. When shared with your significant other, which can also be the case, it is another level of knowing each other, and therefore can strengthen the relationship.
I Hope you enjoyed that 🙂
And as we take it forward – recognizing fellow bloggers that bring sunshine to our blogging world, I am nominating the following for always bringing joy every time my eyes see their words:
And I am throwing them the following questions:
- In a world full of known and unknown forces, what do you think truly makes the world go round?
- What irks you the most?
- You were given a chance to replay a certain moment in your life. What would it be?
- What do you hope never changes?
- When people come to you for help, what do they usually want help with?
- What was the best ever present you’ve received?
- Mention 3 small sources of happiness. E.g. popping bubble wraps
- Do you like surprises? Why? Why not?
- If you would be eating one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What is you ideal date? (I know it’s cheesy, but please indulge me :))
- Your life is being made into a movie. What’s the title?
Thank the blogger who nominated you.
Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
Nominate new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your post/or on your blog.
Notify the nominees about it by commenting on one of their blog posts.